On Saturday, December 3rd, 1978, Brothers Alton L. Spencer, Venroy Miller, Lloyd Mattis, Caleb Thomas, and Trevor Anderson met at 2:00 pm; to organize a Club which would establish a Lodge of the Independent United Order of Mechanics, Friendly Society, of the Western Hemisphere, Incorporated.
The meeting was held at 1407 N. W. 95th Street, Miami, Florida, under the chairmanship of Bro. Alton Spencer. Under the first item on the agenda, they decided to name the organization, the Beacon of Miami Mechanics Club. They also decided to contact Loyal Perryman Lodge No. 5, of Brooklyn, New York, to inquire whether they would be willing to sponsor the club to become a Lodge. Several meetings were held at the Jamaican Cultural and Civic Association Club, located at 10827 N. W. 27th Avenue, Miami, Florida. Twenty prospective members attended meetings, thirteen of whom were already Mechanics.
On Saturday, July 26th, 1980. The Hon. Albert E. Hemans, Rt. Worshipful District Grand Master, of Alpha District Grand Lodge No. 1, New York, traveled to the Elks Temple, located at 4949 N. W. 7th Avenue, Miami, Florida, for the purpose of inauguration and installation of officers for the ensuing term.
|Bro. Owen Thompson||PIG Deputy Master|
|Bro. Everald Gillings||Secretary|
|Ven. Harry Du Four||PGM Assistant Secretary|
|Ven George Powell||PGM Treasurer|
|Bro. Noel Shaw||MM Senior Deacon|
|Bro. Enoch Wilson||Chaplain|
|Ven Berris Anderson||PGM|
|Ven. Caleb Thomas||PGM|
|Hon. Rodolph Richards||Grand Master|
|Hon. Patrick Bailey||District Grand Master Emeritus|
|Hon. Mara Wildman||District Grand Deputy Master|